Scope and Mission
The 1st International Test Access, Automation and Adoption (TAAA) aims to be a focused and open platform dedicated for exchanging insights on the three A’s: Access, Automation and Adoption. The scope of the workshop is to address challenges on the path from pure research-oriented works to solutions that can be practically applicable in industry. The areas of interest include (but are not limited to) various aspects in relation to test access, automation and adoption in respect to existing standards, like IEEE Std. 1149.x, 1500, 1581, 1687, and 1838, and to on-going standardisation work, like P1687.1 , P2654 , P2929, P1149.4, P1450, P1450.1, P1450.6.
Format of the Workshop
The workshop is co-located with ETS’2021 and will as ETS’21 be arranged as a virtual event composed of live-sessions. The workshop will be scheduled for compatibility for both Europe and US-based attendees. The program will be composed of a mix of regular presentations, posters, embedded tutorials, keynotes, and special sessions. The format of the workshop will encourage discussions, brainstorming and networking.
The organizers invite new (unpublished) work within the scope of the workshop. Paper submissions are welcome as an extended abstract of 1-2 pages, to be mailed to the organizers. A submission will be considered as the commitment that upon acceptance the author(s) will present the submission at the workshop.
The workshop distributes manuscripts and slideware only to attendees after the workshop. No author is obligated to have his or her contribution included in these informal proceedings. A paper manuscript may be a revised extended abstract or in common IEEE 2-column format up to 6 pages.
- Submission deadline: April 15th
- Notification of acceptance: May 1st
- Camera ready slideware: May 24th
- Camera ready paper (optional): May 30th
- Success story: Yervan Zorian, Chief Architect at Synopsys, will provide an overview on IEEE 1500, from its development to its widespread adoption.
- An historical Perspective: Bradford Van Treuren, from VT Enterprises Consulting Services, will share his 30+ years’ experience in what makes a technology successful (or not)
- Revision of the IEEE std 1500 – Standard for Embedded Core Test
- P2654 – Standard for System Test Access Management (STAM)
- P1687.1 – Standard for the Application of Interfaces and Controllers to Access 1687 IJTAG Networks